Our production facility is located in Rosslyn, 30km outside Pretoria in the Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. The facility blanks aluminium and steel of different shapes as per the client requirements. The current fully automated Simpac blanking line is capable of thirty-thousand strokes per day over a three-shift cycle.
The plant currently supplies blanks for body parts for Mercedes Benz (C-Class) and BMW (current model of the X3) in shaped, radius, bow, trapezoid and square cut.
Details of the VM Automotive factory are as follows:
- The core of the blanking facility is a SIMPAC blanking line which has been upgraded to be able to process both aluminium and steel parts.
- The capacity of a conventional blanking plant is based on the number of strokes that can be done per shift or day. Each stroke represents the manufacture of one blank.
- The current capacity is 30,000 strokes per day working 3 shifts per day.
- The plant is modular in nature, thereby allowing for future expansion.
- The plant is currently supplying both aluminium and steel parts for the BMW G01 contract (the X-series) and to MBSA W205 (the C-class).
To ensure proper support and ability to provide our clients with the best services, and in accordance with the acquisition agreement, VM Automotive also contracted MATD as well as its international shareholder, CLN Holdings, to provide it with technical and services support for the next 5-years.
One of the largest and most diverse coil-processing companies in the South Africa, the first to process Aluminium 6000 & 5000 our safe and stable equipment means we are able to supply almost any customer requirement, as well as the most demanding, specialised qualities and non-standard sizes. We offer processing of automotive steel & aluminium (CR, GA, PO, AL) blanking, guillotining, side trimming, trapezoidal blank and press / tool cutting requirements. We aim at giving maximum output with minimum scrap with minimum efforts.